Greg Rucka Comments On The New Gotham Jim Gordon TV Series
created 09/26/2013 - 9:18am, updated 03/21/2014 - 1:49pm
A few days ago, Ed Brubaker let it be known that there has been talk of doing a "Gotham Central" TV series for sometime.
Brubaker and Greg Rucka wrote the Gotham Central comic book for DC with art by Michael Lark, which was focused on Jim Gordon and the Gotham PD.
Following Brubaker's comments, Warner Bros. announced a new Gotham TV series set to air on Fox described as a Batman prequel following Jim Gordon as a detective in the Gotham PD.
Now Greg Rucka has taken to his Tumblr to comment on the new Gotham TV series:
Since this announcement, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about whether or not I’m involved in the show, and whether or not it’s drawing from or inspired by the work Ed, Michael, and I did on Gotham Central for DC Comics.
I offer the following answers:
1. I was as surprised and delighted as everyone to hear they were making a “young Gordon” cop show.
2. As far as I know, this has nothing to do with Gotham Central.
3. If it did have anything to do with Gotham Central, that wouldn’t matter, because DC owns the rights and the characters, as they should. This was work-for-hire, something all of us knew at the start.
4. I have not been contacted by anyone involved.
5. I would be delighted to be contacted by anyone involved ;)
6. I wish FOX and DC Entertainment success with the show.
That’s it. No drama, no trauma.
Looking forward to seeing it.